You can definitely help your horse with the use of concepts like neutral
pelvis but you can't 'stay' in one place or you become really stiff
and then
the horse becomes stiff.  It is about constantly - refinding neutral
as the
motion of the horse is like centrifugal force that will tend to move
us out
of it.
Robyn

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that the rider would sit still in one
spot. I'm not sure what word I would substitute, as "spot" does tend
to imply a fixed place, which isn't what Mr. Black is talking about
at all.  It is dynamic, more like the "sweet spot" of a surfer on a
wave then the "sweet spot" on a tennis racket.  I think this is what
some people call "following a feel",  or "getting with the horse".

The next step, I think, is you offering a feel for the horse to
follow. In dance terms, as was mentioned in an earlier post, you
would be leading instead of following.  My idea is first you find the
sweet spot for where the horse is and let them feel you moving with
them, then gradually change your movements.  The horse is going to
want that good feel again and will try to follow you.  (Now, I'm not
saying I can do this.  I'm about at the point where I can, say,
slightly tighten my body as a foot is coming off the ground to slow
that foot down. Sometimes, LOL)  I think this is the way great riders
like Liz can get big improvements in gait when you can't see them
doing much of anything.  First time I ever saw it was at a Ray Hunt
clinic about 10 years ago  -- at the time it was "magic".

Also someone (sorry I deleted the post) asked about the weight on the
inside seat bone on a turn.   As I understand it, by putting your
weight to the inside the horse has to "catch-up" to follow your
weight so they lean into the turn and the inside shoulder drops.
(Some one who is better at this, please chime in!)  I was taught to
keep my weight centered, but move my outside hip bone away from the
horse making room for the ribs to arc out.  (Think off your hip as
being a drawer that you can pull out.)  I find it really helpful to
get down on all fours and try these things out, have some one play
rider and shift their weight and see how it effects you.

Kat