On 23/04/2008, Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone actually KNOW, for certain, of any horse, anywhere, that
> has ever suffered serious or permanent injury from being ridden on ice
> with correctly fitted studs?

I've had horses slip here during a particularly icy spell one winter.
Specifically Elska was sore for a few days.

I'm sorry, I just wouldn't consider slapping on studs and going for a
ride in those circumstances.   And I don't know anyone around here
that would.  It just isn't done.

I've got two race horse trainers living right next to me and they
train in all kinds of weather, everything except ice.

Wanda