But I do  believe that even wonderful horses who have good trainers can
end up in  freak accidents.... it is truly the nature of the beast.

It was so heartbreaking when our children's young friend's horse somehow got
out  of a safely fenced pasture and was struck by a car  that I still
remember his name:  Snoop.

Much more recently, a group of casual trail riding ladies in our valley were
out together doing an easy trail ride on a flat dirt road - no traffic -
when one of the women came off and her horse ran back down the road and went
through the cattlr guard they'd just gone around.  That horse was
euthanized.
Horrible accidents do happen to horses.

Nancy