>> I saw Julie goodnight on tv recently.  what everyone else calls
>> "desensitization"-- She calls "bombardment".  I thought that was
>> interesting.  and an apt way of putting it.  If you think of it as
>> bombardment then maybe you would be less likely to go past the point
>> where the horse is no longer using the thinking part  of its brain but
>> the reacting part, a useless learning phase.

That's an interesting distinction, too many people want to do too much, too
fast.  When there's too much, too soon, the horse may either shut-down, or
try to flee.  Neither is effective.

>> was from a 2 year old green race horse bolting for the barn and being so
>> mindless with terror he tried to go between two poles so close together
>> there would be no way a horse could pass thru them, and he was at a
>> gallop.  That was mindless panic.  I would think Theodore was in a
>> mindless panic and I wonder why.  Thats what a true bolt is, mindless
>> panic.

I just can't imagine how and why any Icelandic would do a TRUE bolt.   They
are such easy, gentle souls at heart.