On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:28 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ferne
> I checked on AAEP site but I don't belong so have limited access. The
> places I could go weren't very helpful - except that muscle wasting of
> the the large muscles of the hip(s) can be a symptom.  I don't know
> enough about it to be helpful - but all tests have some false
> negs/false positives - and generally are still worth running under the
> right circumstances.  Sounds like Magic needs a thorough neuro exam,
> poor dude.
> Penny
>
>Hi Penny,
Well, the main place I looked was at The Horse, which is an AAEP site.  In fact
my vet told me that was a good place to look.  I've subscribed for
years and their
info is often quite useful.  I suppose I should go ahead and have the
test or tests
as the alternative is not too promising.  One article said that they
can have it for
years with very few symptoms and then suddenly get much worse.  I'm still
riding him, although lightly.  I keep worrying that he will suddenly
collapse and
I'll get hurt yet again!?!
Ferne