>>> you can breed whatever Icelandic you like, as there are a lot of breeders
>>> in Iceland
>>> who have their own imagination of what would be a perfect horse for them.
>>> And if you
>>> have a look at the confirmation marks, you can well see, that also heavier
>>> built
>>> horses get good marks, if the overall package is ok.

Here's what the standard says about proportions:  >>The horse should be full of
splendour
and presence. The legs should be long and the body light and cylindrical in
shape with
front, middle and hind sections approximately equal. The highest point at the
withers
should be higher than the highest point of the croup.<<

It specifically says that the breed should be "long legged" and "light-bodied,
" And, we
know that leg joints (cow-hocks, sickle-hocks, toed-in, toed-out, etc.) aren't
weighted
very heavily.  This specifically says we are to breed a more refined horse, and
we
shouldn't worry with the legs.  I don't like that at all. These horses are
supposed to be
capable of carrying weight in the saddle.  A light-bodied horse with bad legs
isn't
suitable for that but the math favors a light-bodied horse with a pretty head,
mane and
tail, with a long neck.  Proportions are counted 10%, so a heavy horse would be
hard-pressed to compete with a light-bodied horse in overall score.  He can't
make it up
by having  correct leg jointss, since that's only weighted 3%.

Here are the scoring designations for proportions, which are still somewhat
vague, but I
have to admit are more specific than most of the categories :