>>> Orri is like Teev, he is outspoken.

I adore Teev, but he definitely has his opinions.  When he first arrived here
the first
time, two years ago, I didn't really care for him, because he was so grumpy.
But,
looking back, that's part of what I love about him.   It would not have been as
easy to
find his problems had he been less communicative.  He's not really grumpy -
he's just like
some people: very direct in their way of expressing things, calling a spade a
spade, not
mincing words, and not sugar-coating things.  He's very straightforward...so
when he's
sweet, you KNOW he means it.   That makes it all the more special when you can
see him
enjoying himself - he won't lie to you, or hide his feelings.

>>> My Jas, and now Trausti are the opposite.  and when Jas acts bad its very
>>> very subtle.
>>> but I know him so well I see it and most of the time it actually tickles me
>>> cause he
>>> thinks he is acting soooo bad and its so nothing compared to most horses.
>>> But one
>>> thing he does, if there is some grass or he is  enjoying the turnout, and I
>>> go get
>>> him, he will see me coming and turn and stride away, tail swishing for
>>> about ten
>>> yards,  then stop.  Tail swishing.  and wait for me to come halter him :)

My Sundance was like that to an extreme, so meek and mild in his "badness" that
is was
funny.   I bought him to be a guest horse, one that I could put Emily's little
friends on
to ride and not worry.  But, after he was here a month or two, I totally fell
for him.
When I first got him, he was soooo bad, that when I got on him, and he didn't
want to go,
he'd just stand there - imagine.   A couple of times, he was even worse - he
stomped his
foot and backed two steps.  I honestly believe he considered that act of
defiance to be on
par of a bolt!   I'm not sure if he started falling for me first, or I started
falling for
him, but within a few weeks, he started going forward the instant I asked,
then...he'd
trot the second I asked, and the next thing I knew, we were doing more things
(low-level
dressage, even a little backyard barrel racing) than I'd ever had the nerve to
do,  Maybe
he just needed those few weeks to settle in here, and to get to know us.   It
was fun for
both of us - the gentle "kid's horse" remained trustworthy the rest of his
days, but he
had a fun side that he didn't reveal easily, not to just everyone.     It's
funny - those
safe and boring horses sometimes aren't so boring after all, if you win their
confidence
and treat them with love and respect.

I think you've got Trausti pegged to a "t".   He's one of those quiet,
dependable types
who doesn't appear to want to waste any effort, but when you give him a little
space to
get to know you, he can be as willing a partner as about any horse.  :)