Help again!!!

I have a 12 year old broodmare, Belle, that is in liver failure.  Belle was
overweight but lost some before she foaled.  I kept thinking she had ADR
(ain't doin' right), but couldn't put my finger on it.  I know, should have
gone to the vet, but it's 50 miles from here in Bakersfield, and I didn't
want to haul her that far in this heat.  Anyway, last Monday she had a
pretty little chestnut filly.  When my mares foal, I keep them in a large
pen with a run-in shelter for a day or two, until I am sure everything is
okay and the foal is steady on its feet.  But Belle wouldn't eat, drink,
poop or pee.  She didn't appear to be in any discomfort, but was overly
anxious about her baby.  So into the vet.  At first he thought she had an
impaction and treated her for that.  No change, Then he did some blood work
and found that she is hypo glycemic, and her liver was failing.  This was
because she was overweight and her liver couldn't process all the fat going
through when she lost weight.  And this was made worse by producing milk.
Brought Belle home yesterday because she was extremely nervous at the
vet's.  Prognosis is unknown.  The vet said to try and get her to eat and
drink, take her for walks about 15 minutes three times a day, and cross your
fingers.  He said there are treatments but he has never seen them work.
Belle is eating and drinking a little, still no poop or pee this a.m..  Need
to wean the baby, hopefully I can get one of my other mares to take her, but
if not will have to bottle feed.

Anyone, please, if you have any suggestions let me know.  Any tips on
getting another mare to accept this baby?  If I have to bottle feed, can she
have goat milk?   Is there a horse laxative I can get Belle to take?

I thought I new a lot about brood mares and the problems they can develop,
but I had never heard of this.  The vet said it is common in mini's and
shetlands, but he hadn't seen it in Icelandics.  Then again, mine are the
only Icelandics he has seen.

Again, thanks for any advice.

Janet
Caliente, California