> impaction and treated her for that.  No change, Then he did some blood
> work
> and found that she is hypo glycemic, and her liver was failing.

Ohmigosh!

> to wean the baby, hopefully I can get one of my other mares to take her,
> but
> if not will have to bottle feed.

We put a foal with another mare.  This foal was trapped inside his dam and
she had to be sacrificed to get the baby out.  The other mare had given
birth on the same day, and I put her tail wrap around the foal so that he
smelled like her.

He was accepted by the mare, but unfortunately did not live past a few days;
probably had some brain damage from being inside the mare for so long during
the birthing process.

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com