> Yes, well...when we know better we do better.  You'd be surprised how
> many people are out there like that.   Harsh harsh harsh...don't give
> an inch....always be stern...

>From a Mary Midkiff article:

"In the hearts of women, the horse deserves family status. From the
time we are girls in love with ponies on to womanhood featuring horses
as either a recreational or professional focus, the core connection
never compromises itself. Men often - and a few women sometimes - seem
able to take a few steps back from that connection and live with
horses more as commodities than companions. The urgency of earning a
living can do that. But for the most part, women are uncomfortable
with the idea that economic pressures should dominate all difficult
decisions surrounding the horse, especially when it involves a breed
of horse that, in recent times, is clearly not being bred and built to
take a lot of pressure."

Personally, I think the women of North America, and other countries, who
share the same thoughts on horses, are an extremely positive influence on the
Icelandic Horse.

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com