> One of our options might be that we have to remove that eye.  Does
> anyone have experience with horses that have just one eye?  What
> issues do they have?  She is such a sweet, calm horse that if we had
> to go that way, I think she would handle as well as a horse could.

She may not have any issues with just one eye.

I have known two Icelandics with only one functional eye.  Rosie had
hers removed when she was young (due to an accident), and she was not
bothered by it.  Aesa had the eyeball, but no sight in it, and she was
a nervous horse by nature, even before her accident.

Often, in my arena when doing ropings, there was a big black horse.  I
never noticed for years that he had only one eye.  His eyeball had been removed
and the owner had a small ball inserted before the vet closed it up, for
cosmetic purposes. You just couldn't tell!  And he roped real well.

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com