>>> There are three-gaited Icelandics; they should be acknowledged.  It's not
>>> right to
>>> pretend they don't exist.

It's silly not to acknowledge them.   I'm darned proud to own Tivar.  He has a
flat walk
but that's about it for gait - but who cares?  He's as sensible on the trail as
they come,
he's built to carry weight, his trot is smooth, he learns as fast as any horse
can, and he
will go and go on the trail.   I could obsess about what he's not, but I prefer
to thank
my lucky stars for what he is.

Tivar shouldn't be some deep, dark secret in this breed.  He should be the
poster child
for the breed - not that gait isn't a wonderful thing.  It is, or it can be.
And I
wouldn't breed a three-gaited Icelandic...but when they pop up, we should just
try to find
them a home with someone who loves them for what they are.