>> My only comment is that I find it ironic that these two paragraphs
>> appear in the same message:
>[...]

>Why?

"If you have to ask, you'd never understand".  But I'll try to explain
anyway.

Your first paragraph says, "I will fight to the death to prevent a
revision of GSS-API v2 that doesn't have gss_canonicalize_name()".

Your second paragraph says, "If you want something standardized
you must be prepared for changes to the (initial) proposal, and I
hope the IESG still has the balls to enforce that".

If you can't see the irony of these two statements together ... well,
I don't know what else to say.

And I believe you are wrong about not being able to change GSSAPI v2.
Since RFC 2744 is only a Proposed Standard, it is still possible to
change it in a revision.  Note that I really don't have an opinion
about gss_canonicalize_name() either way.

--Ken