> The purpose of a DKIM signature is, as our original statement put it, to make
> sure that a message from your
> bank actually came from your bank, even if it passed through your alumni
> association. Once it arrives to your
> real mailbox, that signature is not needed.

As long as the signature is not removed in the alumni case I'm
somewhat less concerned, but...

In some systems, sieve scripts and other filtering is done *after* the
MUA drops the message in the delivery mailbox.  If that drop removes
the signature, that hampers the sieve/filtering process severely.  A
sieve "redirect" becomes impossible, and the filtering would not be
able to use the DKIM signature for other purposes either (though it
might be able to rely on the auth-results header field for some
things.

That's what concerns me.

Barry