> On 7 Dec 2022, at 17:16, Barry Leiba <barryle...@computer.org> wrote:
>
>> The purpose of a DKIM signature is, as our original statement put it, to
>> make sure that a message from your
>> bank actually came from your bank, even if it passed through your alumni
>> association. Once it arrives to your
>> real mailbox, that signature is not needed.
>
> As long as the signature is not removed in the alumni case I'm
> somewhat less concerned, but...
>
> In some systems, sieve scripts and other filtering is done *after* the
> MUA drops the message in the delivery mailbox.  If that drop removes
> the signature, that hampers the sieve/filtering process severely.  A
> sieve "redirect" becomes impossible, and the filtering would not be
> able to use the DKIM signature for other purposes either (though it
> might be able to rely on the auth-results header field for some
> things.
>
> That's what concerns me.

Maybe there’s a split the baby piece where part of the signature is stripped.
I’ll be honest, the only bits I really look at are s= and d=. Maybe stripping
part (bh?) while leaving the useful bits is a solution.

Of course, that is not going to address the replay attack problem at all.

laura

--
The Delivery Experts

Laura Atkins