On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 2:54 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:

> Perhaps they could devise better methods than asking _accountable? (Y/N)_
> on a
> questionnaire.  Linking to bank accounts is an example.

Would you link a free email account to your bank account for any reason?  I
don't think I would.  I'll go somewhere else.

A discernment possibility is to sign differently.  RFC 6376 specified an
> Agent
> or User Identifier tag, i=, as a finer grained identity.  One having
> i=bullshit...@example.com would still be a valid DKIM signature.
> Alternatively, could use subdomains, d=bullshit.example.com.  How long
> would it
> take receivers to learn it?

This tactic appears to me to have three problems: (1) negative reputations
are of little value to receivers, because attackers can easily shed them;
(2) if I have to remember everything with a negative reputation for some
undetermined period of time, I now have a resource problem; (3) I can just
not sign my mail, because maybe no reputation is better than a negative one.

In contrast, positive reputations are far fewer in number, far more
valuable to collect and protect, and very likely last a lot longer.  Giving
preferential treatment to a domain that earns a positive reputation seems
like a much better approach.

-MSK