On 3/22/23 12:57 AM, Evan Burke wrote:

Murray's answers are largely correct. I'll fill in some additional detail below.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 11:10 AM Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:

> 3. Do senders filter outbound traffic for spam?
> 4. Do spammers who get a piece of email signed by a sender also send mail to target domains to see if it passes their filters?

Yes and yes. The testing behavior in #4 is also used on outbound filters.

> 12. Do spammers provide an unsubscribe link which is typical on normal email blasts? If not, is that unusual and/or against the rules of the bulk provider? If so can the sender keep track of that? > 13. Can senders verify that opt-out links actually work especially for new accounts?

You're giving DKIM replay spam much more credit than it deserves. It's bottom of the barrel stuff - scams, fraud. It has no use for an unsubscribe link. Also, nearly all email marketing platforms provide an integrated unsubscribe link as part of the platform functionality; some go so far as to prohibit 3rd party unsubscribe links entirely.

The reason I ask is because if it's uncommon to not provide unsubscribe links, that's a signal that something might be wrong. That's especially true for bulk senders who could/should require valid unsubscribe links. Now whether that's hard to police is another matter, but it would be good to get that out in the open.

Mike