Hi all,
I just wanted to mention two proposals for tolerating mailing list
modifications as suggested in person IETF-117.  They both use ARC headers
as infrastructure, but go about tolerating mailing list modifications in
different ways.
1) Disclose and reverse mailing list transforms so that we can authenticate
those messages with the original DKIM signature:
2) Replay-resistant-arc draft proposes authenticating a sender defined path
from originating sender to receiver.  It also has the sender specify the
intended recipient to prevent replay amplification.  It is insensitive to
message body modifications:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chuang-replay-resistant-arc/
Both approaches do not require trusting results in
ARC-Authentication-Results which has been a concern.  Instead they provide
signatures and values that a third party can independently and objectively
verify.  Discussion of these drafts belong on the DKIM list (
ietf-dkim@ietf.org).  Also just mentioning I've heard there are other
interesting related drafts.
-Wei