 || <20230809205628.ua41r%stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |||Murray S. Kucherawy wrote in
 ||I mean, of course DKIM could go further and encrypt those

And couldn't it become standardized that verification results then
must be included in future DKIM signatures?
So then a verifier inserts a RFC 7001 header, and that will be
covered by a further DKIM signature.

And when a mailing-list or so changes fields, it could create
a "DKIM-Backup: h1=b1, h2=b2, .." where b1 could be base64 encoded
(gzip compressed), so that the original values could be restored.
It should be straightforward and easy to handle this for the few
headers like Subject:,From:,Sender: and not much more to come
which are normally the culprit of problems.  And that to be
included in a further DKIM signature.
A DKIM verifier can then restore the original content and verify
it accordingly.

This all not today, but the road is not that long and winding.

--steffen