On 5/19/2024 9:26 AM, Wei Chuang wrote:
Dave Crocker mentioned that there is a pathway to do a narrow update to the RFC6376 as an individual submission.  I agree that it is a good idea as hopefully a narrow update can be done relatively quickly.

What I  am suggesting is /first/ getting a substantial base of industry agreement, through collective action and field practice, and /then/ codifying it with an update specification.

The specification through the IETF would then merely document a new established practice.

Do not start with an IETF process.  End with it.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking