On 5/21/2024 9:48 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Before diving into this thread, I think it's important to underscore that we're not taking anything away here.

The premise of that assertion is that having this working group will not alter the decision-making by those managing the other paths.  Given human nature, that seems optimistic, at best.

The only constraint being established is: If you want this particular working group to process your work, there's a specific minimum you need to meet.

And that minimum is both onerous and, as formal charter requirements, lacking any historical precedence in the IETF.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking