If I have a message with your valid 3rd party signature, meaning that you've published the key, and your SSP says you sign only your own mail, which do I believe? Why or why not?

You [optionally] report this error to me and classify this as likely bad email due to policy.

Why should I believe the SSP rather than the signature? You signed it, you're responsible for it. If experience with SPF is any guide, most non-trivial SSP records will be wrong because the people setting them up won't understand what they mean.

On the other hand, if your software is so buggy that it signs mail with random other From: lines when it's not supposed to, why are you signing at all?

Regards,
John Levine, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor