> Which would add a network session for every inbound email, whether
> that email was sent by an ADSP user or not. Increasing the latency of
> inbound mail processing is a significant cost.

It's true that the cost is non-zero and that unneeded lookups should be
avoided however I'm wondering whether people understand the stupid
number of queries already being done FOR EACH MESSAGE that comes in.
It's ridiculous.  My last count was around a dozen in MDaemon (if you
turn on all the bells and whistles).  Less than half of which are
standardized but ALL are common amongst mail servers.  My point is that
the time to worry overly much about whether mail servers are doing too
many queries was about 7 years ago.  It's too late now.

Arvel