From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles Lindsey
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 6:14 AM
To: DKIM
Subject: [ietf-dkim] Fwd: Re: domain existence check

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:05:19 +0100, Arvel Hathcock
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A compromise proposal has been laid out which is to remove the NXDOMAIN
> step from the algorithm but add text defining ADSP as applicable only to
> domains which actually exist in DNS.  This removes the need for ADSP to
> specify how (or by what means) such a check is determined, does not
> introduce normative language, addresses all the objections yet put
> forth, and still provides a basis for believing that a check will be
> done.

But I want more than a "belief" that a check will be done. It must be made
abundantly clear that a check MUST be done. I do not mind if the exact
details of the check are left open, just so long as verifiers NEVER let
through a message with an Author Domain that does not exist.

Tel: +44 161 436 6131
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.