On 3/26/2009 11:41, Hector Santos wrote:

> The question is whether DKIM is to replace any IP technology,
> specifically SPF.

> Anyway, the point is MOST SMTP vendors are in the business of provide
> CHOICE not LIMITING it.

As an email systems administrator, I view DKIM as a potential addition to my
toolbox, not as a replacement for any/all of the tools already in my toolbox.

I see SPF and DKIM as complementary, not competing, technologies.  A site might
perform both SPF checks and DKIM signature verification, and configure their
systems to allow a verified DKIM signature to override a failed SPF check when
determining the disposition of an inbound message.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team