Dave CROCKER wrote:

> On 10/11/2010 3:05 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
>> If you believe that sending mail with a valid bad guy signature is
>> an interesting attack on DKIM, then that implies that you're willing
>> to believe mail that is signed by arbitrary strangers.
>

> Well...
>
> But it's not an attack on DKIM.
>
> It's not really an 'attack' on anything, but the most one could claim is that
> it's an attack on the recipient's reputation data base, or failure to use one.
>
> The DKIM part is used correctly and works fine.  So there's no 'attack'.

Thats "poster framing" material.

I sure hope you are right.  After all, President Obama did get by your
defenses on your list.

   No Signature, Double From ---> Trapped/rejected by mipassoc.org
   DKIM signed Double From  ----> Accepted, Resigned by mipassoc.org

So without DKIM, 100% RFC5322 compliant - trapped multiple 5322.From
headers.  With DKIM, there is a loophole.  Go figure.

Lets hope this DKIM exploit does not become common place and surprises
a bunch of layman operators.  At the point, you can say you were aware
about it.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com