Indeed, the advancement from PS to DS is the perfect time to tighten up
requirements.  It's not any kind of re-engineering.

> > 2) There is no intent.
>
> There is, quite often.  It's very often the case that things on the
> receiving side tolerate malformed messages *specifically* to avoid
> rejecting more messages than necessary.  "With the intent of providing
> a better user experience," is absolutely correct in a great many
> cases.  And we're telling verifiers that when you add DKIM, that
> tolerance might now be unwise.

Concur here as well.  "Be liberal in what you accept, be strict in what you
send" has some very clear intent behind it.

> > 3) Philosophical conflictive parenthetical sentence:
> >
> >   (This can also be taken as a  demonstration that DKIM is not designed
> >    to support author validation.)
>
> Yeh, that's the only part I agree on (though not with the reasoning
> that follows).  I'm ambivalent about having that parenthetical
> statement in there.  I'd like to see some consensus about whether to
> leave it or keep it.

Also +0.

> > Here is my reworded text. I would not give the "How to Exploit." Let
> > the bad guy figure it out.  No blaming anyone.
>
> -1; I like the wording that's there.

Concur; -1 on the change.  I furthermore submit that we are compelled to
describe the known "attack", as that's precisely what we are supposed to
include in Security Considerations.

-MSK