On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Scott Kitterman
<ietf-d...@kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 13, 2010 02:27:29 pm Jeff Macdonald wrote:
>> And even if there was a DKIM signature, it is the BAD GUY'S signature,
>> which should cause it to go into the SPAM folder, with a large
>> phishing warning.
>
> No.  That misses the point entirely.  The problem here is that one can take a
> DKIM signed message that is signed by any entity and add additional
> From/Subjects and the message may still appear to be the one signed by the
> original entity even though it's been modified post-signature.

Right. I had understood that and then forgot.

If DKIM is just viewed as providing an identifier and nothing more,
then this is a MUA problem.

If DKIM is viewed as providing more than an identifier, then this is a
DKIM problem.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA