I was threatened with legal action on the basis of tortious interference if I
continued to disagree with one participant's technical arguments or
professional conduct on this list.  I have thus elected not to engage that
person any further in any discourse whatsoever on the list absent a withdrawal
of that threat and some kind of guarantee of future civility.

I have serious doubts the IESG would find fault in that choice on appeal.  The
IETF has dealt severely with other participants that have taken that attitude
in the past.