I think this message by Barry in March 2009 summarizing a conference
call between Pasi, Stephen and Barry nicely captures the upper/lower
layers, ADSP, i= and outputs conflicts that continue today:

    http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2009q1/011314.html

Perhaps Dave to lower confusion, you need to remove the "Checking
Signing Practices" process module from the DKIM Service Architecture
or perhaps consider changing the title:

       DKIM Service Architecture with optional ADSP support
       Extended DKIM Service Architecture

To ADSP or not ADSP, that is the question.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com