It's not vapourware in general.  Such feedback systems exist, and could easily
be tied to DKIM domains.

> Well, d= won't identify the original sender at all, in the case of
> individuals sending to a mailing list. It'll identify the domain of
> their ISP, nothing more.

Well, right.  You'd be basing decisions on validated DKIM "d=" values.

> Tunneling DKIM signatures through MLMs doesn't seem to be the missing
> bit of technology needed to do this.
>
> If the MLM signs any email it sends then you have some level of trust
> in any information it annotates the mail with.

Yes, and A-R provides a mechanism for doing that as well.  It's mentioned in
the MLM draft too.

> *If* it were possible to identify the original email author in some way
> (S/MIME, PGP, some private shared secret approach....) the MLM could
> annotate the mail with that information, and you could trust it enough
> to filter on. If the MLM doesn't have enough information to identify
> the original email author, it's unlikely you do either - whether
> there's a second DKIM signature or not.

Why the last part of that?

> [1] It's something that'd be useful, though - it's been on my TODO list
> for about two years to add exactly this to our CRM system, via end-user
> thumbs-up / thumbs-down buttons.

We have that at Cloudmark, and there's an open one as well.  I'm trying to
figure out if and how such a system could be used when correlated with DKIM
signatures.