That's what the "violate RFC5322" and "displaying them to users" covers.
Again, I don't think it's smart to name a specific attack in case it leads one
to believe that it's the only interesting one.

> After all, you were seemingly happy to mention that particular trap in
> 8.14 in draft-12.

That this stuff is in there at all is compromise to me, so you're not quite
accurate in your use of "happy".

> Not sure about the word "incorrectly", but s/without evaluation/without
> adequate evaluation/ might make your point better. Though I expect, of the
> millions of perfectly legitimate domains that will exist without special
> recognition in any reputation system, it will be hard to spot a newly
> appearing 'badguy' one.

I don't think conversation about how reputation is applied is in scope; some
systems could be used to give preferential treatment to good actors, some
negative treatment to bad actors, some both.

> I still don't think that paragraph is what we really need, but I will
> withold judgement on that until I see how it gets incorporated into the
> other bits of text that are around.

Given that today's the deadline, we will have to go with something like this or
nothing at all (which in fact I would prefer because I think all of this is
adequately covered by existing text, and I believe consensus and the AD
concurs), so withhold judiciously.