Apologies for jumping in late; just to note that 1024-bit keys seem to have
been accepted until quite recently:
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/122327.aspx

On Wed 13/May/2015 13:54:04 +0200 Martijn Grooten wrote:

> [...]
>
> I don't think such a BCP should be so broad as to cover other protocols,
> including TCP, which is orders of magnitude more complicated.

BCP 86, which DKIM refers to, makes statements such as "1024-bit RSA moduli
will not be factored until about 2037."  Should it be updated?

Ale

--
Small keys are fine for test suites.  And I wish 8-bit keys were functional,
for illustrative and educational purposes.