On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 08:07:38AM +0900, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> This is not reversible so nothing is leaked, but as we've all conceded by now
> it's not hard to attack this to recover the hashed address especially since
> one
> might have good guesses as to what that address would be.

I can think of scenarios where the mere fact that someone is BCC'd is
something you don't want to be known.

If we're concerned about BCC - and I kind of think we should be - then
how about telling senders who care to include all To:, Cc:, Resent-To:
etc. headers to the DKIM signature and to create a separate copy, with a
separate signature, for each BCC'd recipient, which includes a Bcc:
header which is also signed.

DMARC may be a good way for senders to show they care, in other words
for a domain owner to say: if you receive an email signed by us and the
receipient is not in one of the following headers, or that header isn't
signed, the message was relayed or replayed.

Martijn.