[ i was not going to participate in this thread, but you pushed a button ]

> i can buy a 10Gig disk for a lot less than the average per diem pay in
> US/EU

the us/eu is not the world.  in some places *monthly* pay is 25% of the
price of that disk (and some of those places are in eu!).  those folk's
needs are just as valid as yours and mine, my privileged friend.

and some of us have to connect via slow and somewhat expensive means
occasionally, and thus we appreciate our correspondants asking before
sending a monster.

this is a society as well as a technology.

randy