It is a problem of lack well designed user-interface in DNS packet.
DNS from the beginning presents a tool more than a product.
Most of my friends who handles DNS create some PERL scripts or so.
Or try to use something from public domain but it is not adequate sometime.

  Also a miscommunication between IP provider and customer pays a big
toll: one my friend can't get a right NS address records
long time because it "illegally" cached at some providers point
and nobody knows where.

                       - Leonid Yegoshin.