Dennis Glatting wrote:
> > If it isn't an address issue, is it a routing issue?  Is it that the
> > routing tables/protocols/hardware can't handle the large number of
> > routes? Are ISPs refusing to carry reasonable routes?  Seems to me if
> > the entire address space was broken up into subnets of 4096, there
> > would be about 1 million routes.  What is the current size?  I think I
> > remember seeing numbers on the order of 50,000.
> >

> Current size as of a few months ago was 85k routes.

Today's global BGP table (at least from one view) contains approx. 95,000
entries (and it went over 100,000 for a short time yesterday).  Take a look
at http://www.mcvax.org/~jhma/routing/ for three years' history and a daily
generated list of aggregation possibilities which could take the routing table
down to a mere 65,000 or so entries.

James