On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:54:22 CST, Brian E Carpenter said:
> Hard  to say, but the newcomer's briefing and the Tao of the IETF are
> both on the web site. Maybe we need some text on the registration page
> pointing to those and suggesting strongly that people should read them
> before typing in their credit card number.

In at least parts of Canada, people are required to answer "a skill testing
question" before being able to claim a lottery or similar prize (like
the ones fast food companies like to run).

Maybe we should have a pop-up that asks "what's the 3rd word in the 5th
paragraph of the Tao of IETF" before they can register. ;)

And yes, I know literacy tests for elections are illegal in the US - but
this isn't an election.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst