>There exist security problems associated with HTML-enabled mail readers,
>and the security of this list (given the MASSIVE number of viri
>distributed through it) is sufficiently suspect to disable that in many
>systems.

We're not talking about this list, though; we're talking about
ietf-announce, where only the Secretariat can post.  Moreover, we're
probably talking about an optional digestified form of ietf-announce;
people who can't trust their MUA don't have to use it.

|John Stracke                   |Principal Engineer         |
|[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |Incentive Systems, Inc.    |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com|My opinions are my own.    |
|"What we have here is a failure to assimilate." --Cool Hand|
|Locutius                                                   |