On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:15:40 EST, Scott Brim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  said:
> In normative text, I don't see how "must" could occur anywhere except
> where it was supposed to mean "MUST".  I use all-caps but I think we're
> more experienced these days and we could stop shouting at each other now
> if we chose to.

We thrashed this out a few weeks ago, and decided we SHOULD NOT issue
sidearms to the Protocol Police.  Therefor, shouting MUST be supported,
since we are still supporting flat-ASCII format for RFCs, and as a
result, there is no way to attach a Krushchev-style banging-of-shoes
to a "you MUST NOT do this" requirement....

Or maybe I'm just astounded that we live in a world where there exist deployed
MUAs that don't understand the distinction between a CRLF and an unquoted CR in
a RFC822 header, and I really should get some more caffeine before hitting
the 'send' button... ;)
--

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer