At 03:49 PM 3/27/2003 -0800, Tony Hain wrote:
Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> No active IPv6 WG participant (whether or not he attends IETF
> meetings) could credibly claim that he was unaware that this
> discussion was taking place,

The discussion has been about potential usage limitation, or BCP's
identifying application issues. The point of deprecation came out of
nowhere, and only occurred in the room in SF. This has not had valid
discussion.

There have been people calling for the complete removal of site-local addressing all along.

And, elimination/deprecation was quite clearly raised as an option in
Atlanta.  At that time, we called for opinions on the following
each of the four options had some support in that WG meeting.

Margaret