I can see the desire to have some more experience on the nomcom.

However, I am completely opposed to invidious schemes to divide the nomcom
voting members into two (or more) classes. And I think the desired results
can be obtained without doing so.

The current qualification is attendance 3 out of the last 5 meetings but no
one notices or cares whether any particular nomcom volunteer attended 3, 4,
or 5 meeting. If you want more experienced members, just tighten the
attendance criteria a bit but give points for other experience. As an
example, set a threshold of 4 or 5 points where you get one for each meeting
you attend out of the last six, one point for being on either of the two
most recent nomcoms, and one point for having been a working group chair in
the past two years. You could even make the probability of selection
non-uniform based on points and I'd be willing to modify the code normally
used to allow that, but I don't think it would be necessary.

This way you will get more experience without the dominance effects of some
nomcom members being labeled Senior and some Junior or whatever.

Thanks,
Donald