On 07/02/2011 12:21, Cameron Byrne wrote:

<mailto:rbon...@juniper.net>> wrote:

 >> - In order for the new draft to be published, it must achieve both
V6OPS WG and IETF consensus

 >> If anyone objects to this course of action, please speak up soon.
 >

 > Great, back to square one.
 >
 > Is the reasoning behind the decision explained somewhere? My reading
of the threads on the subject in v6ops was that the opposition to
6to4-historic was a small but vocal minority, and I thought that
qualified as rough consensus. But perhaps I missed some discussion.

I saw the same thing. It is a shame that work that directly removes
barriers to REAL ipv6 deployment gets shouted down by a few people not
involved in REAL ipv6 deployment.

I can't speak to the "REAL" bit, but I agree that this is a very disappointing turn of events. Consensus is not the same as "universal agreement," and I don't think the fact that a few people are repeating the same marginally-relevant-at-best points over and over again should have sidetracked this process.

Doug

                        -- OK Go