    Dave> On 11/28/2012 1:36 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
    >> IMHO it is the chairs' responsibility to listen to the audio
    >> recording and produce minutes from that (or at least check the
    >> scribe's minutes against the audio recording). I've done this in
    >> the past (full disclosure: not always) and it is a lot of work.

    Dave> I strongly disagree.

    Dave> Chairs have a high workload already.  A strength of a working
    Dave> group needs to be its ability to distribute work amongst
    Dave> participants.

    Dave> If a working group cannot obtain the services of a participant
    Dave> willing to take notes and be responsible for getting wg review
    Dave> of them, then the wg has bigger problems.

I'm mostly with Dave here.  As a chair I(and AD) I've sometimes found it
necessary to listen to an audio recording, and I'm really incredibly
glad they're there.
However, I don't want that to be the norm.
I found audio recordings really helpful for example in dealing with
appeals or threatened appeals.