On 01/27/2016 06:33 AM, Godfrey, Ian wrote:
Sorry, I’ve just seen that this has already been reported.

Indeed: http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2015-November/008320.html

This problem will be fixed whenever the next version of Demeter comes out.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Ian

*From:*Godfrey, Ian
*Sent:* 27 January 2016 11:21
*To:* 'XAFS Analysis using Ifeffit' <ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov>
*Subject:* Data summation - missing groups

Dear All,

When using the data summation tool in Athena (0.9.24 x64 on Win10 Pro)
the first group in the group list seems to be missing from the dropdown
showing the potential components of a summation (see attached screenshot).

To reproduce:

1) Open attached project file and import with “select all” on the import
dialogue box

2) Change to data summation window

3) Try and add the first data group (234) to the summation from the
dropdown menus. (In the screenshot I’ve changed the default normmu(E) to
mu(E), but the same behaviour is displayed in both cases.)

On a related note, I’m not sure I fully understand how the data
summation is different from the merge? Clearly data summation allows you
more control (arbitrary weighting of groups etc.) and is intended for
XANES analysis, but is it a fundamentally different procedure or just a
different interface for the same thing?

Thanks,

Ian

Ian Godfrey

PhD Student,

UCL/JAIST Programme

Industrial Doctorate Centre in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science,

Department of Chemistry,

University College London,

And

School of Materials Science,

Japan Advaned Institute of Science and Technology

i.godf...@ucl.ac.uk <mailto:i.godf...@ucl.ac.uk> i.godf...@jaist.ac.jp
<mailto:i.godf...@jaist.ac.jp>

02076 794864

 Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II