The above stated points are right from my research on the matter using
google :)
But for me it is the BSNL person asked to change config to bridge, as iam
unable to connect
through PPPoE. It seems to be faster but yes the open port issue exist
still.
Also one doc from BSNL culcutta is another online source. it also say the
same
for all modem types.Iam also struggling to change connection to PPPoE .
For a look
http://www.calcutta.bsnl.co.in/dataoneinstall/pppoe10a.swf

--
My Site