On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 10:48 -0700, Visakh wrote:

>   I think its worth a try. But I doubt we will be the first one to
> complain. And given the university's preoccupation with unimportant
> matters, I doubt we will get much of a reply. Still, the university
> has to be held responsible for the misery they cause. This is not just
> a question of interoperability, but also of quality of service they
> provide for the exorbitant fee they charge from the students.

Yes. I too have doubts whether the University will even respond, leave
alone making corrections. But, as citizens, it is our duty to point out
errors and it is their duty to correct them if they see that what we say
is true. If they don't do it, then they fail in their duty. It is better
that they fail, rather than we ;-)

So shall we draft a letter to the VC, with a copy to the Education
Minister? Do you think you can post a draft?

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India