On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Sebin Jacob <sebinaja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Abhishek,
>
> Its your project and nobody else have any role in dictating terms. But what
> you should think before selecting a project is whether there is a need for
> such a project. There are umpteen number of distros out there with all sorts
> of flavors - source based, binary based, package tree based etc etc. Are you
> going to build it for any niche purpose? If not, why should you just
> duplicate the efforts?
>
> If you are so interested in being part of developing an OS, you could well
> contribute to the development of web based cloud computing project called
> eyeOS which is Free and Open Source. Another option is trying to fix the
> indic rendering problem in Open Solaris (java cannot render complex scripts
> perfectly as if now). Or there is BeOS which is in alpha stage, another free
> OS, which can run all windows based applications as native. Do ponder on
> this and take a wise decision.

A clear, well-thought out and useful post. Kudos to Sebin.

I too would suggest that you put your efforts into developing things
for an existing distro. Your BTech project is too valuable an
experience to be wasted.

Trust me that with the right project, many doors will open for you.
Sadly most undergrads waste their time and in some cases do illegal
things like: download some free software, relabel it and present as
their project.

Feel free to contact me, if you want to develop something for Pardus.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian

  • ... abhisheklalned...@gmail.com
    • ... Sebin Jacob
      • ... Anoop Jacob Thomas
      • ... Rajeev J Sebastian
        • ... Mahesh Mohan
          • ... Genius~Abhi
            • ... Mahesh Mohan
            • ... Rajeev J Sebastian
              • ... ╔║۩…ĂßĤĨŞҢЁҜ…۩║╗╔║۩…ŁǺŁ…۩║╗ ابهيشيك لال