I wrote these scripts simply for my personal use.

Shutdown.py

  I like to hear songs in night, just before sleep. and I mostly forget to
turn off the system. This script solves that. I have modified that. I will
put that tomorrow.

rename.py
  I want to make a rename program like in XP, which has bulk renaming
facility.
But that script has some bugs... It deleted some files ... So b cautios when
executing it.

Also, I am just learning python. I like to write more scripts, If you
provide me necessary ideas.

>From shino jacob:

I was having tough time simulating toggle "Show/Hide desktop " using
<Meta> +D, in ubuntu(which I did eventually using some shell
scripting).We  can develop similar tools which enable usability or
tools which help users do things(an extra menu for gnome for showing
recent commands used, like in KDE or Windows XP).

I can try that. but could anyone tell me how to make it possible..??
--
+91 903 755 72 73

For all hardware and software services, Computer assembling, Software
Installation etc.
My blog : http://xtenders.blogspot.com/