Yes I am ignoring this because its of no use to me, and I believe most
users here.
Bring in some thing really  useful.
Initiallay I thought of deleting this chain, but then some one pointed
out  why this tool. Then I realised there are people who  feel  what I
felt.
There is already rename command available which can be used for bulk renaming.
Unix has lot of tools which do a lot of things. Just search and you
will find the tools.
You should embark on a mission to write a  tool only if you dont find
one, other wise you will be reinventing the wheel over and again.

You can take this note or leave it.